Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A bad bus ride

I had an unpleasant ride on RapidKL bus today... Makes my fuming till now.. The incident happened because this bloody driver gave me concession tickets instead of normal adult tickets when i took my ride from KTM serdang to Sg.Long.

Concession tickets are meant for schoold kids in uniform, diabled or senior citizens. The fare is RM1 instead of normal RM2. I gave RM2, he gave me RM1 ticket, which i did not ask for. As usual, i keep my ticket in my pocket after receiving it, without having a thought that the ticket might be faulty. I did not encounter any problem with tickets previously and i did not EXPECT it to have any problem either today. I was not aware that there is something like 'concession ticket' too.

Problem started when i was on my way back from Sg. Long to KL. There was some inspectors checking tickets in the midway, and they told me i have an invalid ticket and i must pay another RM2. WHAT THE FUCK!! I'm not making a fuss because of this RM2, but i felt that i was treated with injustice... Y do i have to PAY for this BLOODY mistake that the bus driver did??
They will not accept my argument, and insist i MUST pay that bloody RM2. Bloody hell...

3 against 1, what can i do? Be a man and jump down from the bus halfway and walk alone to the LRT station in the middle of the night? Or be a rock and refuse to move my butt from the chair, insisting i have done ntg wrong n let the whole bus of ppl to wait because of me?

That is so shit... I felt 'teraniaya' and 'terhina', although it doesn't seem so bad from the surface of this thing... Still, there's a feeling of disatisfaction on the way they handle such issues, neglecting the rights and feelings of their passengers. SHHHHSH! GERAMNYA!

Oh well, here's a complain letter i wrote to RapidKL regarding my disatisfaction with the way they handle things:


Dear Staff of RapidKL,

I would like to complain about a case of injustice handling by RapidKL staff of the bus line U41. It all started when me and my friend was taking rapidkl bus from the Serdang KTM station. We paid RM4.00 for 2 normal tickets and we got the tickets and everything seem ok. But what we did not realise is that, the bus driver gave us two concession tickets instead of the normal 'adult' tickets. We did not notice the error for a few reasons:

1. The bus was quite packed that time and we have to stand when the bus starts moving, so we did not have the chance to read all details on the tickets before stuffing them into our pockets.
2. We are not aware of the existance of concession tickets and such error has never occur in our experience with rapidkl buses.
3. We are not wearing school uniforms, nor we are senior citizens or disabled.

We reached Sg. Long without any problem. The problem starts when i was on my way from Sg. Long to KL. I enter the bus with the ticket i bought earlier without problem, the error of the ticket was noticed only when there were inspection of tickets by your staffs in the middle of the way. The staff, a Punjabi man pointed to me that the ticket i was holding was a concession ticket, and asked me to buy a new ticket. I argued that i paid RM2.00 but got RM1.00 concession ticket is not my fault and how could you ask me to pay for something that is not due to my fault? I did not even knew the existance of a concession ticket. However, due to the pressure of the inspectors and the bus driver, who says "Bayar saja lar" i was forced to pay for something i do not deserve to pay for.

RM2.00 is not a big amount, and i'm not making a fuss because i lost RM2 unreasonably today. I am upset because of the way your staffs are handling things and i felt that i am helpless against the pressure of 3 staffs against me alone, and i felt that my right as a consumer, a customer of RapidKL is not guarenteed. Why do i have to pay for a mistake that the previous bus driver make? Am i guilty just because i did not realise the mistake made by the bus driver? I mean i do not know there are such 'concession tickets' and i do not look like someone who is asking for a 'concession ticket'.

I still keep the ticket as a prove and i hope appropriate actions will be taken to secure the confidence and needs of RapidKL users. I hope your staffs will be more CONSIDERATE of the passengers' feeling and judge REASONABLY. I hope to get a reasonable explanation on this issue. Thank you.

Time of ticket issued: 7.25 pm
Bus' plate number: WPR 371
Bus Driver ID: 006601
Ticket ID: 9E4872E0


*p/s: I am well aware that there's 99% that my mail will go into the drain, or i'll get reply like "We are sorry with the difficulties that you experience with our services, we will look into this matter and improve. We hope you'll continue to support us. Thank you". This indeed is not a really serious matter. I juz can't take it down my throat and i juz want to let them know, they SUCK!

4 comments:

  1. ei, ur photo there very ugly la.. change to a better one...i am hungry~~~~ just now i went to ai lin's blog and told her that im hungry.. hahahha...

    to Bus Driver ID: 006601,
    u got no eyes and no brain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oppss.. haven change name.. ma fan..

    ReplyDelete
  3. RY, chill wor... seldom hear you curse .. sounds quite funny...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lousy driver and service! calm down, RY. I think I will more cautious when take the RapidKL next time.

    ReplyDelete