Saturday, January 8, 2011

Appreciation

When u r working in a field where u c ppl in their most vulnerable or misfortune side, u learn to appreciate more...

Although i'm not a doctor, i still c many saddening things in the hospital..... Those who are poor, uncared, chronically ill, mentally disordered, born with defects n so on....

Once i saw a father with his mentally retarded son... I wondered, how would i cope with such great obstacle to raise a child who might not b able to speak a proper sentence or change his own shirt? Every parents would hope that their child will someday bcome some1 successful n respectable, living healthily n have a happy family. But what future can 1 expect from an angel with a broken wing? I'm not discriminating or trying to be disrespectful to the unfortunate ones, it's juz tht when i imagine myself at the father's place, i knew from the very beginning that my life is never goin to be the same as b4... My child will not b a doctor or lawyer 1 day, i don even know if he could ever work... I dono if i could bear the burden to take care of him till the day 1 die, n when i died, who is going to take care of him? I possibly need to take alot of extra time n effort to teach him to do a simple thing, n i hv to clean up the mess that he caused everyday if he is one naughty child... Take him to c doctors every now n then, get stared everywhere i go bcoz i hv a special child....

The parents of these special children r really really ppl we should respect... i'm sure they would have had some of the problems tht i mentioned above while taking care of the special ones, but the unconditional love from parents can sometimes b greater than anything in the world... The selflessness n sacrifice they made is unimaginable sometimes.

I know my parents love me very much, n i'm thankful tht they brought me to this world healthily, gave me the best tht they could give, taught me well to be a useful man, n moulded me into who i am today. Although i am not perfect, but i'm not ashamed to say that i'm a useful person to the society n i'm now working to serve the people.

1 comment: