Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Times

The 14 months i had in Glasgow will definitely be one of my most unforgettable experience in my life... There were a lot of first times in Glasgow

Stepping into the European continent for the first time

(Wearing the bloody expensive + useless blazer made compulsory by JPA... zzz...)

Experiencing Scottish hospitality/Scottish food for the first time

(Note: The famous Scottish food Haggis in the bottom middle)

First time I've seen so many types of bank notes issued by different banks in a country
(Note: FYI, England has 1 type of banknote, Scotland has 3 types of banknotes, and Northern Ireland has several version of banknotes as well. All of them are pound notes accepted across UK... @@@)

Having an awesome house party for the first time

(Halloween Party in my unit)

First time experiencing that taking a flight can be cheaper than bus/ferry/train!

As a result, I've taken about 20 flights during my 14 months stay in Europe!

Visiting so many places in a year for the first time (in UK & outside UK)

Inverness, UK

Stockholm, Sweden

Paris, France

Lyon, France

Monaco

Brussels, Belgium

Manchester, UK

Portsmouth, UK

London, UK

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Edinburgh, UK

Prague, Czech Republic

Berlin, Germany

Hamburg, Germany

Lucerne, Switzerland

Athens, Greece

Santorini, Greece

Venice, Italy

Rome, Italy

Stirling, UK

Belfast, UK

Dublin, Ireland

Been to no less than 10 countries in a short year... I've only been to Japan when i was 2 years old and i remember nothing at all! I've not even been to Singapore, Thailand or Indonesia!

First time to Disneyland!

Strictly speaking, Disneyland Paris is not the first Disneyland i've been to, I've actually been to the Disneyland in Tokyo when i was 2. But i can only find memories from the photo album, so this is basically a first time!

First time watchin a football match live!

Watching a live game in the Theatre of Dreams is a dream come true for a MU fan. Unfortunately, MU loss to Aston Villa in this match, it's a shame that we weren't able to witness a goal celebration from the home fans.

Experience four seasons for the first time

Spring

Summer

Autumn

Winter

Play/see/feel snow for the first time!

We had a lot of fun when the snow is thick enough... But i wouldn't want to live in a snowy place for like lifelong bcoz it really brings alot of problem when things were frozen n slippery....

Had festives & celebrations away from home for the first time (Birthdays, CNY etc)

CNY function with the local lecturers and students.... N my BD...

Went clubbing for the first time

A club in Glasgow called Corinthian (i think). Well, clubs r not my type of thing....

Watched a musical for the first time

Watched Wicked, one of the West End Musicals in London... Straight away, i fell in love with musicals...

Acted in a movie (or rather a homemade video) for the first time

Yes, this is me... I know i look stupid here, I'm acting as a demon called Lamiya... lol, fun times...

Got drunk for the first time

This is taken during Giri's belated BD celebration. Yes, i look damn happy here, bcoz i'll get very happy and talkative when i got drunk. This is the only time i got really drunk-drunk, puked n then went to sleep...

Ate space cake for the first time

For those who doesn't know what is a space cake, it is a cake made with weed/marijuana/cannabis. Yup, where can u get weed legally? The Netherlands of course. What is so special about this colorful cake? It's not about the taste, nor it is about the color, it's about the effect. It makes ppl feel happy, n my my, laugh becomes contagious after eatin this small piece of cake!

Travelled alone for the first time

I always wanted to try backpacking alone, so after most of my friends have left Glasgow, i decided to try backpacking alone in Ireland. Although everything have gone smoothly, i found that i still prefer to have company while travelling...

Bought something online for the first time (ebay/amazon)

I mainly buy books and stamps from amazon and ebay... Occasionally some gadgets...

Earned some cash/cash vouchers online for real for the first time

These are real cheques and cash vouchers I've earned online.. I'd earned the cheques by playing on an online auction site www.bidsaving.com, whereas the vouchers were redeemed from points accumulated through doing surveys online

I might have left out some first times for my stay in Europe, nonetheless, all of these first times have made my 14 months in Glasgow (Europe) a very memorable and exciting one! I'll miss Glasgow...

No comments:

Post a Comment